All you need to know about improving your home
From time to time, you’ll likely want to make improvements to your home. Here’s everything you need to know about the process of making improvement
What is classed as an improvement?
It’s anything that alters, or adds something new, to your home. This could be:
- Changing fixtures – this means anything that’s fitted to your home, like a ceiling light
- Updating fittings – anything attached to your home using a screw or nail, like curtains
- Making alterations to the services to your home, like your broadband provider
- Putting up a TV or satellite aerial
- Refreshing the decoration, colour or material on the outside of your home
What do I need to do?
Before making any improvements to your home, you'll need to get in touch with us to let us know what you’d like to do.
Can I get money back?
We're sorry but when you move out, you won't be able to get your money back. If you choose to alter your home, this will be at your own cost.
Talk to us about your plans
You may get this if you are getting certain benefits and local temperatures have been below zero degrees for seven consecutive days.